Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Unity vs. division: 3rd Sunday of Ordinary Time

Listen to the homily here.

Notes:

I am proud of our family
·      Last year, Bishop Paul Sirba said, “This Church is happy.”
·      Another employee retired and she said, “We have joyfulness again.”
Thank you!
Listen how St. Paul encouraged and challenged the small church in Corinth:
·      I urge you, brothers and sisters, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree in what you say, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and in the same purpose.”
Praise God!
Paul also wrote:
·      “For it has been reported to me about you, my brothers and sisters, that there are rivalries among you.  I belong to Paul," or "I belong to Apollos," or "I belong to Cephas,"
·      Imagine if Paul wrote to our family in the history: “I belong to the school” or “I belong to the worship committee” or “I belong to the Catholic Daughters” or “I belong to the Knights” or “I belong to serving the poor”
His question in Corinth:
·      “Is Christ divided?”
As we are not perfect, I believe that we are gelling together
·      Look at the brunch!
·      Look at the school and parish!
·      Look at our faith formation!
·      Look at our Knights, Catholic Daughters, Tabernacle, Worship Committee, Cemetery, Evangelization!
·      Look at the relationship with Bishop Paul Sirba and our Diocese of Duluth!
·      Look at our different missions to walk with each other!
We are all united by Jesus Christ!




No comments:

Post a Comment