Wednesday, January 18, 2017
Trickery against Jesus and disciples: Tuesday, January 17th, 2017
Listen to the homily here.
Jesus was over and over in “trickery” to put him in a corner
· These were the insidious ways which led to Jesus die
· Yesterday the Hebrews reading said, “He is able to deal patiently with the ignorant and erring, for he himself is beset by weakness and so, for this reason, must make sin offerings for himself as well as for the people.”
Today was the Sabbath
· "The sabbath was made for man, not man for the sabbath. That is why the Son of Man is lord even of the sabbath."
· The deeper message from Jesus?
· Doeg the Edomite, the chief of Saul's shepherds