Wednesday, January 18, 2017
Parish Bulletin Article: "Six Month Report with Thanks!": 1-15-17
Here is my “Six Month Report: Thank You!” for our parishes.
Here are a few thanks to ya’ll (a shout out for both our “Freezing Birds” [who live in Koochiching even when the temperatures are below zero], and our “South Birds” [who head south for winter and can see the sun and feel warmth in January]).
Here are some thanks:
· Thank you for ringing the bell at St. Thomas Aquinas again. I have heard many comments from both parishioners and citizens in town who love it! I also thank your donations to supply a control program. This will add other opportunities for the bell, like baptisms, weddings, funerals, etc.
· Thank you for our Knights of Columbus and Catholic Daughters and others to begin Breakfasts on several Sundays in the Aquinas Café. Thank you for similar brunches at St. Columban. One time, both parishes had breakfasts on the same day.
· Thank you for checking our Advent Mission. This year we gathered for Masses, two speakers, praise and worship music, Eucharistic Adoration, confession, free books and conversations with each other.
· Thank you servers, sacristans, Eucharistic Ministers, pianists, cantors and ushers. Our many volunteers sustain the Mass.
· Thank you members of parish committees: Financial, Pastoral, School Board, Tabernacle, Worship, etc. I enjoy the groups that can work together to help your pastor.
· Thank you for offering time, talent and treasure for our #1 Mission: our school.
· Thank you to our employees. Your talents assist our churches, our school and our relationship with our community.
· Thank you all for continuing to pray for my health. I continue to grow through speech therapy that hones aphasia. It is unreal to see how your prayers, my speech therapist and God can keep my brain working forward!
· Thank you, brothers and sisters, to continue to walk the journey with Jesus Christ. Let us always continue to walk to our King!