Wednesday, January 18, 2017
Melchizedek pointing to Jesus as a priest and king: Wednesday, January 18th, 2017
Listen to the homily here.
· In the NAB his name is used 10 times
· Once in Genesis
· Once in Psalm 110
· Eight times in Hebrews
· Both of these is what we heard today
One verse in Genesis?
· “Melchizedek, king of Salem, brought out bread and wine, and being a priest of God Most High, he blessed Abram with these words:”
· “Melchizedek, king of Salem and priest of God Most High, met Abraham as he returned from his defeat of the kings and blessed him.”
· “His name first means righteous king, and he was also "king of Salem," that is, king of peace.”
o Salem à Jerusalem
· “Without father, mother, or ancestry,without beginning of days or end of life, thus made to resemble the Son of God, he remains a priest forever.”
· “You are a priest for ever, in the line of Melchizedek.”