Thursday, September 18, 2014

"...by the grace of God I am what I am": Daily Mass Homily--Thursday, September 18th, 2014


            St. Paul writes to the Corinthians, “…by the grace of God I am what I am.”
            None of us gathered together this morning is perfect.  Each of us could identify ways in which we can grow in our faith and as a person.
            At the same time, if you are at Mass on a near-winter Thursday morning in September, you have experienced much growth in your faith.  It is important to reflect periodically on the ways in which God has helped us become who we are today.
            I know in my faith and life, I owe a great deal to my family, especially my parents and grandparents.  They planted the gift of faith in my heart throughout my entire heart.  In high school my main conversion to Christ occurred through two friends.  By simply showing me love and that it could be cool to follow Christ, my heart was converted.  I have many other friends, priests and role models.  In short, I am a man of faith and priest today through God’s grace working through others.
            I encourage you to take a moment to thank God for those who have helped you become who you are today.  Offer these reflections here at Mass or during another quiet moment today.  After thanking God for the graces He has given you, continue to pray that you may grow into the man or woman whom he is calling you to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment