Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Bend your ears: Daily Mass Homily--Wednesday, September 10th, 2014 (School Mass)


            Welcome back to school and to our weekly Mass together.  It is a blessing to gather together to come to God’s house!
            Remember, this is really God’s house.  Jesus’ lives in the tabernacle—not as a mini-man, but in tabernacle in the form of bread and wine.  Because we come to Jesus’ house we always bless ourselves with holy water on our way in, keep our mouths closed, fold our hands and genuflect before sitting down.
            I have a question for you this morning.  Our Psalm said, “Listen to me, daughter; see and bend your ear.”  The daughter referred to hear is God’s Church, but what does it mean to bend my ear?  Do I actually bend my ears?  [I actually bent both my ears for the kids.]  What does bend your ear mean?  “It means listening to God.”  Exactly.
            We are called to listen to God.  Our school is a place to hear His voice through our teachers, friends, priest and the Bible itself.  May we listen well!

No comments:

Post a Comment