Sunday, April 23, 2017

Parish Bulletin Article: "Welcome to the Family!": 4-16-17

            Happy Easter!  Jesus Christ is risen, alleluia!
            Recently, one of our parishioners said a powerful statement: “We haven’t seen these young families at Mass for many years.”
            I believe that both St. Thomas Aquinas and St. Columban are a family, and it is growing again.  This family is together through the youngest to the wisest and several generations that walk with Jesus Christ.
            During this Easter season, I would like to personally invite you to consider your relationship with Jesus Christ.  I have seen different dynamics to assist many new families.
            I have had several conversations with parents like this:
·      “Father, we haven’t been to church for some time, but we/I would like our/my child(ren) to be baptized”;
·      “I haven’t been confirmed, how would this happen?  Could I be confirmed?”;
·      “I didn’t know that you have scholarships for my children to go to this school.  I never even thought about that option.  How could we look into this?”;
·      “We are married, but we haven’t been blessed through the Church.  Can this occur?”;
No matter your age or your history, here are some quick answers: YES, YES, YES and YES!
Know that I will pray for you, no matter where your life is.  Know that you can begin a conversation with me, our employees, our volunteers, our brothers and sisters in our family and God Himself.
Jesus Christ died and rose again.  He has opened the gates to heaven and offers a friendship with each of us sinners.  He shows us love, mercy, compassion and peace.
Our parishes want to welcome you to come back to a larger family.  As we continue to strive to grow our family, know that as much as we want to seek Jesus Christ, our God is already seeking us.  For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him might not perish but might have eternal life.”
I hope that each of you have a wonderful Easter season and that you will take small steps to grow with our savior. 

Happy Easter and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment