Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Our names are important: Thursday, July 20th, 2017

Listen to the homily here.

Notes:

Names are important for who we are
·      Identify us, social security number, birth certificate
·      Some change with nicknames, titles or to hide someone

“Moses, hearing the voice of the LORD from the burning bush, said to him,
"When I go to the children of Israel and say to them,
'The God of your fathers has sent me to you,'
if they ask me, 'What is his name?' what am I to tell them?"
God replied, "I am who am."
Then he added, "This is what you shall tell the children of Israel:
I AM sent me to you."”
·      YHWH
·      LORD to replace YHWH to honor this sacred name

Other important names

·      God, Lord, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, trinity, Jesus Christ, King, Savior…

No comments:

Post a Comment