Wednesday, August 2, 2017

A crucial title: Friend: Tuesday, August 1st, 2017

Listen to the homily here.

Notes:

“The LORD used to speak to Moses face to face,
as one man speaks to another.”

“Thus the LORD used to speak to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend.”

Question for you: there are only two individuals with the title “friend” from God in the Old Testament.
·      Moses
·      ? (Abraham)
o   “But you, Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, the offspring of Abraham, my friend;”

Servants, slaves

·      Jesus Christ said, “Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.  You are my friends if you do what I command you.  15 No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends…”

No comments:

Post a Comment