Saturday, October 11, 2014

Opportunities to grow in our faith: Parish Bulletin--10-12-14


            This week I would like to share how pleased I am with your response to grow in the faith.
            Through your generosity, we now have forty students enrolled at St. Thomas Aquinas School!  I am inspired by the atmosphere that has been built up for our students, especially from our teachers, principal and staff.  I believe we are faithfully following Jesus’ command: “Let the children come to me…”  Thank you for your continued support and prayers!
            Our faith formation programs have gotten off to a great start.  One of the highlights of my first couple of months here was being present for our 7th-11th grade kick off night.  We used the first session of Chosen—a new program we are implementing to present the faith in a dynamic and technologically savvy way.  I was inspired by the openness of our young people this evening.  Their participation and respect illustrated an openness to God which I know will bear abundant fruit.
            On that note, I want you parents to know that I expect your children will participate in our elementary, junior high and senior high programs.  God is asking you for two hours of your week for Mass and faith formation.  I want to see your children at faith formation and Mass each week!  I want both you and them to experience Jesus’ love and mercy.  And I promise that if you simply invest two hours a week their life will change.  And so will yours!  You and your families are most welcome to join in the joy of living our faith to the full.  If you haven’t yet registered your child(ren), please do! 
            I have also been excited by the turnout of our weekly Bible study.  By way of reminder, we meet on Tuesday evenings at 7:00pm in the basement of the church.  Feel free to stop by to learn more about God’s holy Word.
            Finally, I am excited to give you a heads up on a parish mission that will take place on December 3rd, 4th and 5th.  These three evenings will feature a parish dinner, two dynamic speakers, Eucharistic Adoration, Confession and a teaching Mass.  Mark your calendars now and stay tuned for details as the date approaches!
            Know of my daily prayers as we seek to learn, love and glorify God in order to better serve God and our neighbor.
            God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment