Thursday, November 7, 2019

Parish Bulletin Article: "Daycare": 10-27-19

            Welcome to another weekend in God’s Country, and yes, it is still FALL!
As I wrote last weekend, I would like to focus on one opportunity for our community and us.  Earlier this weekend, I advertised via Facebook about how I believe that many families in our area are challenged with Daycare.  I want to quote what I put in the public forum and will then add a few notes for our family:
I have heard that many families in our community struggle to find Daycare. We, at St. Thomas Aquinas, want to support this process as we have plenty of space, but we do not have a daycare coordinator. We have three rooms at our school, as well as a house that was given by donators. Our goal is to help our community to offer one or two daycare systems to help our families in the area. 
If you are looking at leading a daycare, please call me at my office at (218) 283-3293 or message me via FB.  You may call our secretary, Les Hendrickson (same phone number above), or our Principal Jerry Hilfer at (218) 283-3430.
Know of our prayers for our community to serve our community! 
God Bless!”
As I mentioned last weekend, please pray for this process.  Please pray for what I wrote in my quotation above, that God’s will may be done and that we are hoping for one or two phenomenal daycare coordinators.
Also, we had a great conversation with our Financial Council on Monday evening earlier this week.  Our goal is to dive into the process for one or two daycare systems by this spring.  One could be in our school, and a second could take place in the house that we were given as a gift from a donation.  We will continue to walk through this process, and we are discerning what to do with our house.  To consider our discernment, some individuals offered some great thoughts for this house:
·     If Daycare takes place, we will need some support for the building itself, like shoveling during the Winter, mowing the grass during the spring/summer/fall, fixing situations, etc.
·     If Daycare does not take place, we considered offering this house as a place for renting, as similarly to Daycare.  Many people have had the challenge to rent in our community, and this house could occur with small or more extended periods.
·     If neither works out, we considered whether we should sell that house.
Again, please pray for the many gifts that God has given us to use our assets to continue to walk forward, and may God’s will be done.
God Bless!


No comments:

Post a Comment