Monday, December 3, 2012

Cool Experience

This morning after celebrating Mass with Fr. Albert (which, thankfully, was only 45 minutes long!) an elementary aged girl approached me. She was holding a blue bic pen in her hands and said, "Father, could you please bless this?" This caught me off guard at first--I hadn't yet blessed a pen!

I was inspired by this young girl in two ways. First, she saw me, not as a white foreigner but as a priest of God. It is humbling knowing I could go anywhere in the world an experience the same thanks to our universal Catholic faith. Second, this little one demonstrated a teaching of the Second Vatican Council and previous sentiments in the Church; namely, there is nothing too small to offer to the Lord.

Fr. Albert told me after this that this girl will cherish that pen forever. Another good reminder that it is not what we have, but what we do with what we have that counts. I pray for the grace to offer everything over to God and those in need, even my pens.

God Bless,
FB

No comments:

Post a Comment