Thursday, September 20, 2012

Daily Mass Homily: Thursday, September 20th


            Living 2000 years removed from Jesus Christ, we may have the tendency to forget the events of Christ’s life actually happened.  I know there are times I even wonder, is this all a made up story?  It’s good to remind ourselves that Jesus really did come to earth.  Jesus really did heal people.  Jesus really did forgive sins.  Jesus really did die and rise again.
            This morning St. Paul reiterates these facts: “I am reminding you, brothers and sisters, of the Gospel I preached to you…For I handed on to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures; that he was buried; that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures; that he appeared to Cephas, then to the Twelve.  After that, he appeared to more than five hundred brothers at once…”  This really happened.
            This same Jesus comes to us today.  The one who forgave the sins of the repentant woman forgives our sins.  He told her that, because of her faith, her sins have been forgiven.  My brothers and sisters, “Your faith has saved you, go in peace.”

No comments:

Post a Comment