Thursday, December 22, 2016

Last daily Mass homily before Christmas!: Thursday, December 22nd, 2016

Listen to the homily here.

Notes:

The scriptures continues to show joyfulness for life
·      Hannah
o   She was praying before a priest: Eli and he said she was drunk
o   ‘Pardon, my lord!  As you live, my lord, I am the woman who stood near you here, praying to the LORD.  I prayed for this child, and the LORD granted my request.  Now I, in turn, give him to the LORD; as long as he lives, he shall be dedicated to the LORD.’  She left Samuel there.”
·      Then she offered her prayer in the Responsorial Psalm
o   “My heart exults in the LORD, my horn is exalted in my God…”
·      Then Mother Mary shares her prayer
o   “My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord; my spirit rejoices in God my savior.”
o   Magnificat—every evening prayer
The nature is growing with the light of the sun
The life of a child is shared with Hannah and Mother Mary

We are two days to Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment