Wednesday, August 17, 2016
Jesus teaching about money and sheep: Wednesday, August 17th, 2016
Listen to the homily here.
Awesome parable which I think about our Catholic family
· Some come in born, others in high school, as adults, at the end of life
· The goal is the same for each of us…saints
‘My friend, I am not cheating you.
Did you not agree with me for the usual daily wage?
Take what is yours and go.
What if I wish to give this last one the same as you?
Or am I not free to do as I wish with my own money?
Are you envious because I am generous?’
“For thus says the Lord GOD:
I myself will look after and tend my sheep.”
Who are the lost sheep that Jesus is seeking today? I do not know this answer, but here is my imagination
· Who are Catholics that we can’t stand?
· How about “sinners worse than me”
· Politicians that “our country is going to hell” by x or y?
o By the way…look at the plank in your own eye
o St. Paul helped destroy Stephen’s life and many families
· Jesus always went to the sinners…not the perfect
· Jesus forgave sins and asked people “sin with no more”
· How do we assist Jesus with this?