Friday, July 18, 2014

Rest and be Confident: Daily Mass Homily--Thursday, July 18th, 2014


             Our Gospel has provided many opportunities of fruitful meditation and prayer.  This is especially true if I am stressed out, feeling overwhelmed or during a bad day.  Listen again to the words of Jesus: “Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for yourselves.  For my yoke is easy, and my burden light.”
            We can always find confidence and rest in God, no matter what life throws at us.  From heaven the Lord looks down on the earth.”  From heaven, God looks down and is present with you at every moment of every day.
            Remember this frequently throughout your day, especially if it turns out to be a rough one.  Remember to give your burdens to Christ and allow him to give you rest.  Remember that God always looks upon you from His heavenly throne.

No comments:

Post a Comment