Tuesday, July 3, 2018

"I will praise you Lord, for you have rescued me...": 13th Sunday in Ordinary Time

Listen to the homily here.

Notes:

“I will praise you, Lord, for you have rescued me.”
·     Memorize this gratitude to God whenever you, or a loved one is rescued!
·     I will praise you, Lord, for you have rescued me!”
Let’s focus this proclamation in two levels
·     First, on earth
o  As a priest, I have seen gratitude in several different places where we, or you, were rescued
§ Injuries, mental illness, suicide that didn’t occur, cancer, accidents, financial challenges, homelessness and more
o  For you, how has God rescued you from something in our life?  Proclaim and thank God!
o  Let’s also look at Mark where Jesus rescued Jairus’ daughter who he rose from death, and the woman who was afflicted for 18 years, touched Jesus’ tassel, and was healed
o  Finally, this occurs every day, around the globe as God rescues us in our earthly journal
·     Second, beyond this world
o  God sent his son to offer his life for us and he opened the gates to heaven
o  I will praise you, Lord, for you have rescued us!”
We heard in the first reading from Wisdom
·     God “did not make death” in the beginning of humanity
·     We occurred the “original sin” that is transformed to each person
·     Meaning, that each of us will face death itself, and eventually, even if we are rescued on earth, still have that reality
·     Yet God still can rescue us…into heaven
Let’s continue to praise “Lord, for you have rescued me!” and pray for his redemption that is beyond our ability, because Jesus Christ can rescue you for salvation

·     Stay as closest you can be with our savior, Jesus Christ!


No comments:

Post a Comment