Sunday, September 24, 2017

Parish Bulletin Article: "Mission with our Grounds and Buildings": 9-17-17

Each of us has gifts and talents from God.  We also have weaknesses. 
This weekend I would like to be publicly and honestly with one of my deficiencies in our physical world: handiwork!  As in things like gardening, painting, cooking, fixing, carpentry, etc.  (Here is a random thought in my mind: as a priest, I don’t receive “honey-do-lists” at home like many of you spouses.  And perhaps God called me to be a priest because such projects would be like me reading Greek.  As in, I could read Greek many years ago, but I would rather try to remember Greek again than some of these physical projects).
Moving on…
I am proud for each of our family members and it is cool to watch so many opportunities that you have that I do not—praise God. 
As we begin our stewardship mission this fall, here are some great thoughts, ideas and projects from several parishioners from St. Thomas Aquinas, our school and St. Columban.
St. Thomas Aquinas:
·      We must take out many trees around our church and hall.  While they are gorgeous, their roots can destroy the foundations of our buildings.  Their leaves can eat away our protection for our stained glassed windows.  (Our Grounds and Buildings Group discerned these thoughts).
·      We should paint some things outside at our school, church and hall.  We should see a beautiful image outside for our community. 
·      We need to fix, replace and clean the playground.
St. Columban:
·      It was fun to see your work around our property earlier this summer.  You gave a great image for the property “up north”!
·      We would like to fix the confessional door in the cry room.
·      We would also like to swap where Jesus and I sit during Mass.  Our tabernacle will be in front and center where I (as well as the servers) will sit in the corner.
Finally, I just heard that we might be concluding the big picture of our missionary this fall with an excellent autumn feast!  Until then, “Let the wild rumpus start!”
God Bless!           



No comments:

Post a Comment