Sunday, March 26, 2017
Homilies I love to listen to: Wednesday, March 22nd, 2017
Listen to the homily here.
I continue to listen a homily from Bishop Barron
· As I try to be a disciple of Jesus Christ
· A disciple is a student
· I like to grow as a student—a disciple through Bishop Barron
· Students here, please find a homilist—Bishop Barron, Fr. Mike Schmitz or me
Bishop Barron gave a homily about Moses and Jesus
· Listen to what Moses said through our first reading
· “Moses spoke to the people and said: "Now, Israel, hear the statutes and decrees which I am teaching you…”
· Moses was the closest man to physically see God
o He was taught to teach the 10 commandments—and many other commandments
o The tabernacle
o Freedom from Egypt
· He was also only one of two called a friend (as well as Abraham)
· "However, take care and be earnestly on your guard not to forget the things which your own eyes have seen, nor let them slip from your memory as long as you live, but teach them to your children and to your children's children."
The cool thing is that Jesus Christ—the God man show himself to us!
· In Matthew today, we heard that, "Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill.”
o His biggest commandment? Love God and love our neighbor
· “But whoever obeys and teaches these commandments will be called greatest in the Kingdom of heaven."
So please, follow a great leader in our Catholic Church that God allows us to learn…and learn your friendship with Jesus Christ