Monday, March 20, 2017
Focused Readings in Mass during Lent: 2nd Sunday of Lent
Listen to the homily here.
1.) Genesis: "Go forth…Go forth from the land of your kinsfolk and from your father's house to a land that I will show you.”
· God called Abraham
o He had a mission…a job…a vocation
· Where are you called to go?
o A parishioner right now is in a different country to serve their teeth!
o Where are you now? Where does God want you?
o Teacher, doctor, sister, priest?
o Go forth!
2.) Matthew (Transfiguration): “Rise, and do not be afraid.”
· Peter, James and John
o Divine image
o I imagine it was both cool, but terrifying
o Angels are terrifying
o God could be terrifying
· Where ever we are called to go, God will be with us
· Do not be afraid!
3.) 2 Timothy: “Bear your share of hardship…for the gospel with the strength that comes from God.”
· Whatever happen to us, we will each have hardships
· We are not perfect
· Mind, body and soul are not perfect
· Some can’t speak…some can’t see…some are dying
· Hardships are normal…so where do we put this?
Finally, a reminder for these three areas to always remember a last passage:
· “…but now made manifest through the appearance of our savior Christ Jesus, who destroyed death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel.”