Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Top Ten List: Parish Bulletin Article: 10-9-16

            I received a message through one of our volunteers in our Faith Formation program.  This individual wrote, “I would like to have our students know in their heart what I will call my top ten list.”  This will be shared with our students and I completely agree with it.  It is so good, it would be a great way for each of us to learn, read and grow with Jesus Christ.  As our parishioner wrote to a certain group of students, I tweaked it a bit for each of us.
            I hope you enjoy a “Top Ten List” through our Catholic Church:  

1.     Ten Commandments
2.     A basic understanding of the Bible including able to quote five scripture verses.
3.     Being able to recite the Creed with the understanding that is the declaration of what we believe as Catholic.
4.     The seven sacraments.
5.     Learn for a “patron saint” that you may connect with him or her.
6.     Have a good understanding of the Trinity (Father, Son and Holy Spirit).
7.     Commit to daily prayer.
8.     Commit to attend weekly Sunday Mass.
9.     Understand and commit to work of charity.
10.  Initiate a personal and intimate relationship with Jesus Christ.

Thank you to one of our volunteers in our Faith Formation program.  I hope it serves each of us.

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment