Monday, August 4, 2014

Eucharistic Devotion at St. Thomas Aquinas/St. Columban: Parish Bulletin--8-3-14


            The heart of our faith, and indeed our very lives, is the Eucharist. 
            Jesus tells us, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you; he who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.  For my flesh is food indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.  He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him” (John 6:53-56).  St. Padre Pio adds that, “It would be easier for the world to survive without the sun than to do so without the Holy Mass.”
            I am very pleased with the dedication our parishes have to the Eucharist.  We have Mass six days a week.  The past two weekends have had excellent crowds (aided by our guests who are on vacation).  Our daily Mass crowd is excellent.  We have a host (no pun intended) of volunteers who bring Communion to the sick, hospitalized and homebound.  We even have Eucharistic adoration! 
The reason why good things have happened and are happening in our parishes is thanks to Christ’s presence in our midst.  I encourage you to continue to spend time with Jesus.  He consistently invites us all to receive his love and mercy and to grow in our faith.
Do you come to Mass every Sunday?  Please do and know you are most welcome each and every week to come to Mass at home or when you are out of town (just be sure we get your envelope!).
Have you ever come to daily Mass before?  Stop in sometime for this twenty-five to thirty minute Mass (with a homily that is only two to three minutes). 
What about Adoration?  We have many adorers who commit to an hour each week (or more) and could always use more to cover our noon-8:00pm slots.  Otherwise, stop by at your convenience, even if it is for a few minutes.
Finally, we will begin to leave the church doors for St. Thomas Aquinas open during regular business hours for your convenience.  Feel free to come to Adoration or spend time in the Church in prayer when you can.
As the source and summit of our faith, I am proud of the way so many of you dedicate yourselves to time spent with God.  May we continue to grow in our devotion to Jesus’ real presence at Mass, prayer and Eucharistic Adoration.
God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment