Saturday, June 21, 2014

2nd Anniversary of the Priesthood: Daily Mass Homily--Saturday, June 21st, 2014 (private Mass with friends)


            It is with a grateful heart I celebrate this Mass for the occasion of the second anniversary of being ordained a priest (which occurs tomorrow).
            What a blessing to be with three of my best friends [Zach and Nikki Bennett with their daughter Gemma and Jeremy Vidmar].  Without the love, prayers and support of friends like you my journey through seminary and now as a priest would not be possible.
            Over the years we have shared how complementary the vocations to the priesthood and marriage are.  It is so healthy for me to walk with holy families like you.  I am inspired by your dedication to your spouse, children and God as I serve God as a priest.  I pray that the priests in your lives may inspire you as well.
            Know of my prayers of gratitude for you this day as I am ever grateful for the greatest gift God has given me—the priesthood.

No comments:

Post a Comment