Saturday, March 23, 2013

Daily Mass Homily: Friday, March 22nd, 2013


            The Gospel of John was written to inspire belief.  Now this may seem obvious, but John explicitly uses the words belief or believe more than all of the other Gospels combined.  Today the Gospel ends: “And many there began to believe in him.”
            Jesus points to the works he has been doing to encourage the doubters to believe: “If I do not perform my Father’s works, do not believe me; but if I perform them, even if you do not believe me, believe the works, so that you may realize and understand that the Father is in me and I am in the Father.”
            There is an old saying said about atheists—“If you can’t see God, you can’t see God.”  Think about this.  If you can’t see God behind our intricate universe (in a sunset, tree, lake, animals, etc.), loved ones and a whole lot more, you won’t see God, period.
            We are on the brink of the holiest week of the year.  I pray that Holy Week will afford you the opportunity to grow in your belief of God as you respond to His works in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment