Sunday, December 2, 2012

Life is Good in Africa

Another great day! I'm pecking away at baby-priest Fr. Albert Wugaa's iPad so I'll summarize the day as follows:

--Fr. Albert's first Mass was amazing. I was welcomed in a particular way representing the USA and did part of the Eucharistic prayer. Offering of the gifts included eggs, beer, pop and a ram! They danced like I've never seen before. Total time  = 3:42!
--I sat on a crocodile. (That is not a typo...I'll post a pic when I get home to prove it!)
--Visit to Fr. Albert's home. Dirt floors w livestock living inside the main walls. For entertainment they offered me a beer and we sat outside and talked. They cook over a fire. Their beds are carved out of rock. They got electricity three years ago. And they are happy.
--Apps and drinks at a local bar..we sat  under the stars and I ate part of a fish cooked whole.

In other news--Ghana's presidential election will be on Friday. Neither of the main candidates is pro choice (abortion is thought of as it truly is here-- an abomination) or for same sex marriage (which they can't fathom supporting at the governmental level while they still want to love those with same sex attractions). The current president is showing how he brought electricity to the north. The opposition is claiming he will offer free high school to all students. Imagine being able to vote in an election in which basic moral teachings of the Church are supported by both candidates!

To my friends, family, parishioners, teachers at St. John's School and students, I miss you a lot. Know of my daily prayers and I can't wait to share my adventures with you when I get home!

God Bless,
FB

No comments:

Post a Comment