Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Is there Light in your Soul?: 3rd Sunday in Ordinary Time

Listen to the homily here.

Notes:

The last couple of years I have found a 15 second video that absolutely makes me laugh
·      “It’s 15 below in International Falls.  Why don’t they just abandon that town?  What is the purpose of it?  Do they need a neon sign that says, Get out?! I don’t, I don’t get it!”
·      I have no idea why, but I laugh every time I hear it!
·      No mosquito’s, no tornados, no hurricanes, and in the summer we don’t have 130 degrees having to stay in
Now, this time of the year can be tough
·      Kids with cabin fever
·      Adults wanting to get outside again
·      Winter activities
I am not here to preach about loving winter, but where do you think I am using this as a teasing?  Yep, Isaiah and Jesus showing the light and darkness in our other world
·      Anguish has taken wing, dispelled is darkness:
for there is no gloom where but now there was distress.
The people who walked in darkness
have seen a great light;
upon those who dwelt in the land of gloom
a light has shone
.”
·      Matthew: “From that time on, Jesus began to preach and say,
“Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand
.””

While our worldly weather, we can be affected, but what about the weather in our souls?  Our journey with Jesus Christ?  The warmth of his love?

No comments:

Post a Comment