Saturday, January 18, 2020

"Here I am Lord, I come to do your will": 2nd Sunday in Ordinary Time

Listen to the homily here.

Notes:

2ndSunday in Ordinary Time

Here I am Lord, I come to do your will.”
·      Here: always?
·      I come to do your will: His will, not mine
Isaiah: Israel, God’s people
·      I will make you a light to the nations,
that my salvation may reach to the ends of the earth
.”
1 Corinthians: St. Paul
·      “Paul, called to be an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God…”
St. John the Baptist
·      “I did not know him,
but the one who sent me to baptize with water told me,
‘On whomever you see the Spirit come down and remain,
he is the one who will baptize with the Holy Spirit.’
Now I have seen and testified that he is the Son of God.”
“Here I am Lord, I come to do your will.”
·      Here: always?
·      I come to do your will
o   What is God’s will in our lives
o   1.) Holiness
o   2.) Vocation: marriage, priest, religious life
o   3.) Mission


No comments:

Post a Comment