Wednesday, June 13, 2018

A conversation between Genesis 3 and 2 Corinthians 4: 10th Sunday in Ordinary Time

Listen to the homily here.

Notes:

There is an important connection between in Genesis and the second letter from St. Paul to the Corinthians
Genesis 3
·     God asked Adam and Eve some questions and statements to His son and daughter
o  To Adam, a question: “Where are you?”
§ Well God knew where Adam was…He is God!
§ Adam answered, “I heard you in the garden;
but I was afraid, because I was naked,so I hid myself
.”
o  To Adam, a statement: 
§ Who told you that you were naked?
You have eaten, then,
from the tree of which I had forbidden you to eat
!”
o   And then Adam pointed to his wife!
§ "The woman whom you put here with me—
she gave me fruit from the tree, and so I ate it
.”
o  To Eve, God said, “Why did you do such a thing?”
§ And Eve responded by pointing to the serpent, “The serpent tricked me into it, so I ate it…”
There is a different relationship with God in the 2 Corinthians
·     “…an eternal weight of glory
beyond all comparison
,
as we look not to what is seen but to what is unseen;
for what is seen is transitory, but what is unseen is eternal.
For we know that if our earthly dwelling, a tent,
should be destroyed,
we have a building from God,
a dwelling not made with hands, eternal in heaven
.”
·     What is different?  God is #1. God is control.  God is truth itself and we must choose between God and ourselves…between God and evilness
When you realize that you our out of place with God, you must not point to someone else, you must not complain to God or to try to clarify what you did
·     You must humbly respond to God by saying, “Lord, please forgive my sins…”
Finally, our whole salvation plan began with Genesis 3
·     I will put enmity between [the evil one] and the woman [Mary],
and between your offspring [evil] and hers [Jesus];
he will strike at your head,
while you strike at his heel.

Throughout this journey, we must be on the right team: God’s kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment