Tuesday, April 10, 2018

"...Jesus loved his own in the world and he loved them to the end.": Triduum: Holy Thursday

Listen to the homily here.

Notes:

“[Jesus] loved his own in the world and he loved them to the end.”
·      I hope and I pray, that I love you to the end not only for my assignment here, but until the end of my life
·     As we enter into the Triduum—three days—it is an honor to walk with our family
Earlier this week, 10 of our parishioners went to the Chrism Mass in the Cathedral in Duluth
·     It is an essential Mass as Bishop Paul Sirba blessed the three oils we use with sacraments and more
o  Catechumens: baptism 
o  Chrism: baptism, confirmation, ordination
§ We will use this oil as Kyle is confirmed in two days
o  Sick: anointing of the sick
·     And we also renewed our priest promises
o  Similar like you married couples who renew your vows:
o  Bishop said, “Beloved sons, on the anniversary of that day when Christ our Lord conferred his priesthood on his Apostles and on us, are you resolved to renew in the presence of your Bishop and God’s holy people, the promises you once made?”
§  I am
o  “Are you resolved to be more united with the Lord Jesus and more closely conformed to him, denying yourselves and confirming those promises about sacred duties towards Christ’s Church which, prompted by love of him, you willingly and joyfully pledged on the day of your priestly ordination?”
§  I am
o  “Are you resolved to be faithful stewards of the mysteries of God in the Holy Eucharist and the other liturgical rites and to discharge faithfully the sacred office of teaching, following Christ the Head and Shepherd, nnot seeking any gain, but moved only by zeal of souls?”
§  I am
·     Amen
We celebrate the Lord’s Supper on Holy Thursday
·     Jesus’ last meal
o  St. Paul’s wrote: “I received from the Lord what I also handed on to you,
that the Lord Jesus, on the night he was handed over,
took bread, and, after he had given thanks,broke it and said, ‘This is my body that is for you.  Do this in remembrance of me.’In the same way also the cup, after supper, saying,  ‘This cup is the new covenant in my blood.
Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me
.’”
What we see again today is Jesus Christ, our High Priest
·     And I praise God that through our High Priest, we priests receive this call to offer the Eucharist
·     That is humility, awesomeness, service, and sanctification in your lives
·     Please pray for your priests, please pray for me, that each of us may serve you well on our journey to salvation and heaven, and like our Savior said to his family, that we priests may always love you to our end on earth


No comments:

Post a Comment