Monday, July 10, 2017

Labors and burdens vs. rest: 14th Sunday in Ordinary Time

Listen to the homily here.

Notes:

We live in a busy, busy culture
·      And I believe that we listened to an important gift from God in our lives
 Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened…”
·      What do you labor?  What are you burdened?
o   Raising children?
o   Challenging your health?
o   Loneliness?
o   Work?  Unemployment?
o   Sinfulness?
·      What can you bring to the light at Mass?
This is what Jesus wants to give us: “…and I will give you rest.”
·      Well how should we rest?
·      Personally, I think it is important to:
o   Sleep
o   Exercise
o   Pray
§  One moment
§  Five minutes
§  Half an hour
§  Memorized prayers
§  Journal
§  Mass
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for yourselves.  For my yoke is easy, and my burden light.”
·      Jesus yoke can only be “easy” if Jesus is in your life
·      Your burden can only be light if you find rest
No matter where we are, we must open our hearts
·      We cannot control many things
·      But God can


Mark 6:30   The apostles returned to Jesus, and told him all that they had done and taught.  31 And he said to them, “Come away by yourselves to a lonely place, and rest a while.” For many were coming and going, and they had no leisure even to eat.  32 And they went away in the boat to a lonely place by themselves.


No comments:

Post a Comment