Monday, March 10, 2014

You did it to me: Daily Mass Homily--Monday, March 10th, 2014


            I have another book recommendation for you—Where There is Love There is God.  This is a compilation of stories, insights and quotations from Mother Teresa’s writings and teachings.  I have to confess, this is my first book about Mother Teresa that I have read and I found it to be an excellent introduction to her work.  The compiler does an excellent job of categorizing her teachings and pulling from many sources to share her thoughts.
            I thought of Mother Teresa after reading Matthew 25 as this is the Scripture passage she refers to the most.  In fact, she calls this teaching the five-finger Gospel: “You did it to me.”
            As we begin Lent, be intentional about serving the least of our brothers and sisters.  Who are the hungry, thirsty, stranger (anyone you don’t know at St. John’s!), naked, ill or imprisoned in your life?  Make the effort to seek them out and serve them, because what you do to the least you do to Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment