Thursday, March 26, 2020

Parish Bulletin Article: "Coronavirus": 3-22-20

            Last week I wrote a message for iFalls Nice, one of my favorite Facebook page.  Its point is to continue to grow joyfulness, support and energy for our community.  As we are going through this interesting season with the coronavirus, this is what I shared with our community, and would like our parishioners to read it too:
“iFalls Nice.
Thank you, when I was almost faced death in my first stroke. And thanks for many of you doing the same when I had a mini stroke last summer.
As I look, and think around our community, and around the world, there seems to be two extreme areas with this new disease: the former to be very scared--perhaps even death. The latter are those who think this "Corona without lime" is ridiculous. 
I believe in what our patron--St. Thomas Aquinas--used many centuries ago; the "Golden mean," aka, finding the middle of most situations. In my mind, we are not on either extreme, but somewhere in the middle.
I move this sharing from the secular level as I also praise God. For instance, I pray beyond learning information, data, or how decisions I must do for our parishioners during this time, as crucial that is. And I praise God, that we, as a family, pray, pray, pray.
I pray for our scientists, doctors, genetics, immunologists, etc.
I pray for those who are suffering, not only this new disease, but also those who are hungry, thirsty, naked, lonely, in jail, in hospitals for any other situation.
I pray for those who are scared. I pray for those who do not care.
I pray that we, Christians, seek the time during the season of Lent to offer almsgiving, prayers, and fasting to seek God's mission in each of our lives.
I pray that we, in iFalls Nice, continue to not only speak in this venue, but also open our hearts to know of the love, mercy, compassion and salvation of Jesus Christ.
Praise God, he, too, died on earth, but destroyed death, sin, and all illness, including what we call the COVID-19, and opened the gates of heaven.”
            Finally, we have made a copy of the prayer that I have been using at Mass from St. Damien: “Saint Damien, you ministered to those in despair and isolation.  I call upon you, to open my heart and mind, to care for the poor, sick, weary, and forgotten.  Bestow upon me the inner strength, faith, and unconditional compassion to be a disciple of Christ.  I come before you also as your humble servant, to bless me with your love and instill the touch of healing and grace.  Amen.
            God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment