Sunday, March 18, 2018

Parish Bulletin Article: "Another Experience with Eucharistic Adoration": 3-11-18

I grew with Eucharistic Adoration while I was a student at The College of St. Scholastica.
It was a blessed time to join a Young Adult Group at St. Benedict under the leadership of Fr. Rich Kunst and Fr. Joel Hastings.  On many Monday evenings, we were able to experience thirty minutes in Adoration, an opportunity for confession and a theme taught by these priests.  These evenings concluded with some fun and meaningful times to ask questions and listen to conversations about our Catholic beliefs.
I also found another place to grow in my spiritual life by visiting a small Eucharistic Adoration chapel at St. Mary Star of the Sea (downtown Duluth).  I spent many hours throughout my four years at college, especially to offer prayers of the Breviary and read the Bible.
As I look back in my life, I saw small steps growing closer to Jesus Christ that supported my life, education, exercising as well as faith, hope and love.  Again, I felt peace, relaxation and beauty as I sat or knelt before our savior and these moments inspired me to listen to God, mainly through His Word, as I continued to discern for my vocation.
I believe that if you grow in a relationship with Jesus by visiting Eucharistic Adoration, he will only carry your spiritual life to help your journey towards God’s love, mercy and compassion.
Check out Adoration!
God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment