Sunday, March 18, 2018

Die Day?: 5th Sunday of Lent

Listen to the homily here.

Notes:

When I was in high school, I had to go to a TEC (Together Encountering Christ) retreat on the process to be confirmed
·      I know that you used to have this retreat up here
·      I was not thrilled to go to this retreat
o   I had many other things I would have rather done
o   But it changed my life
·      Three days:
o   Die day: confession
o   Rise day: open your hearts
o   Go day: go forth to follow Christ
A few thoughts that reminds me during our season of Lent
·      Die day
·      One passage was throughout the retreat: “Amen, amen, I say to you, 
unless a grain of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains just a grain of wheat; but if it dies, it produces much fruit.”
o   How do I offer my life to you?
§  Most often: Love
§  Love = willing the good of the other
·      JP and the chapel
·      Metanoia: change in our spiritual lives
o   I will make a new covenant…I will place my law within them and write it upon their hearts; I will be their God, and they shall be my people.”
§  How do I open my heart to be changed by God?
§  How do I follow His love
§  How do I offer my love?
Rise day
·      Paschal mystery
o   Paschal (paschalis) = Passover or Easter
o   Redemption of Jesus Christ, especially through his passion, death and resurrection
The third day was Go Day

·      When Jesus sent the Holy Spirit upon us

No comments:

Post a Comment