Saturday, June 11, 2016

Paul and Timothy: Wednesday, June 1st, 2016

Listen to the homily here.

Notes:

“Paul, an Apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God for the promise of life in Christ Jesus, to Timothy, my dear child…”
·      Relationship between an elder priest and a young priest
·      Paul the teacher, Timothy a disciple

“For God did not give us a spirit of cowardice but rather of power and love and self-control.”
·      We must not be cowards!
·      The Spirit cave us: power, love, self-control
·      Pray, pray, pray

“On this account I am suffering these things; but I am not ashamed, for I know him in whom I have believed and am confident that he is able to guard what has been entrusted to me until that day.”
·      Was Paul a coward?
o   Nope
o   “I am not ashamed…for I know him in whom I have believed and am confident”


How are each of you confident today?

No comments:

Post a Comment