Sunday, August 30, 2020

Sails and the Holy Spirit: Sunday, 22nd in Ordinary Time

Listen to the homily here.

Notes:

I praise God, that almost every day the Scriptures at Masses are simply popping out through the Holy Spirit.

·      And the Holy Spirit is like the wind and I have loved an image in our hearts

·      Sail boat

o   Sometimes there is no wind, which makes us feel challenging

o   Sometimes there is some great wind to sail, though we may forget to open the sails!

o   But when the sails are opened with powerful wind, we move forward

So think of Jeremiah spiritually having some of these same challenges in his mission:

·      I say to myself, I will not mention him,
I will speak in his name no more.
But then it becomes like fire burning in my heart,
imprisoned in my bones;
I grow weary holding it in, I cannot endure it
.”

o   Here the closer we are to God, the more in which we are simply encouraged to keep going forward!

Or the Responsorial Psalm:

·      My soul is thirsting for you, O Lord my God.

o   Those moments are when we feel alone, or parched in our soul:

o   My soul clings fast to you;
your right hand upholds me
.”

Finally, what ag impressing verses from St. Paul, once again with challenges, but strength with God when we are opening our hearts to our mission:

·      Do not conform yourselves to this age
but be transformed by the renewal of your mind,
that you may discern what is the will of God,
what is good and pleasing and perfect
.”

Keep rolling with God, brothers and sisters!

·      Whoever wishes to come after me must deny himself,
take up his cross, and follow me
.”

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment