Thursday, November 7, 2019

Who has inspired your life? How has Jesus Christ led you in life?: 27th Sunday in Ordinary Time

Listen to the homily here.

Notes:

The readings this weekend brought to my mind several titles:
·      As a Catholic I love the fact that Jesus is our King, our Shepherd, our Brother, our Savior and our Friend who lay down his life for us
·      Personally, I also love to think of Jesus as a Teacher, a Leader, a Pray-er, a Delegator
And here is what I consider, at least in my mind, as a Coach as I am grateful for many coaches that supported and challenged my love of sports
·      The biggest thoughts for me, from our readings, is that a coach works individually with their athletes
·      I think that Jesus did the same with his followers: disciples, apostles, the crowds, the Jewish leaders, the prophets, etc.
When he taught he did so in different ways to different people
·      For instance: Habakkuk was frustrated, needed God’s help during violence, ruin, and misery:
o   Write down the vision clearly upon the tablets, so that one can read it readily.  For the vision still has its time,presses on to fulfillment, and will not disappoint; if it delays, wait for it,
 it will surely come, it will not be late
.”
·      The apostles in the Gospel, who asked how they could grow with faith
o   "If you have faith the size of a mustard seed,
you would say to this mulberry tree,
'Be uprooted and planted in the sea,' and it would obey you.
o   And challenging them:
o   "Who among you would say to your servantwho has just come in from plowing or tending sheep in the field,'Come here immediately and take your place at table'? Would he not rather say to him,
'Prepare something for me to eat.Put on your apron and wait on me while I eat and drink.  You may eat and drink when I am finished'? 
o   'We are unprofitable servants;we have done what we were obliged to do.'"
§  A reminder that we are not God, and our work must be over, and over and over
·      Then you have Paul inspiring to Timothy, a young priest
o   I remind you, to stir into flamethe gift of Godthat you have through the imposition of my hands. ForGod did not give us a spirit of cowardicebut rather of power and love and self-controlSo do not be ashamed of your testimony to our Lord,nor of me, a prisoner for his sake;but bear your share of hardship for the gospel
with the strength that comes from God.  Take as your norm the sound words that you heard from me,in the faith and love that are in Christ JesusGuard this rich trust with the help of the Holy Spirit
that dwells within us
.”
With our readings today, what is Jesus speaking to you?  Do you need His help?  Do you need encouragement?  Do you need a reminder that He is God, and you are a servant?

·      Bring these ideas to your prayerfulness from our Coach

No comments:

Post a Comment