Thursday, July 11, 2019

Parish Bulletin Article: "Fun Week!": 6-23-19

            I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend as I will be taking some time off for a week.  
Welcome back, Fr. Dennis Hoffman, and I am guessing that you will probably (and hopefully!) telling you about my marathon as well as the time, pace, place, heartbeat, calories, and more.  And to Dennis, enjoy the cookies, donuts, and a Packer’s joke.
Like the beginning of “summer,” I would like to share what I will be doing during this week as I will continue to pray for you and please pray for me as well.
First, as you read this bulletin article, I hope that I did finish Grandma’s Marathon well, with my body, mind, and soul, and thank you for your prayers. Additionally, my younger brother probably finished ahead of me, and several parishioners and community members ran the 5K, half marathon or full marathon, and it was a great time to see them at these events.  
Not only was I able to see several of these brothers and sisters, but I was also to spend some time with my family and other great friends during these three days in Duluth.
The cherry on top of this weekend was the humility to remember that June 22nd, 2019, was not only the marathon, but also my class’s seventh year anniversary as we were ordained priests—praise God!
After the Grandma’s Marathon, my whole family will be taking a quick vacation with each other, and I will be very excited to see my brothers, sister-in-law’s, nephew, nieces, a fourth child on the way, mom and dad.
I will be finishing my time off to go to the cities to visit some of my priest brothers and friends as it has been too long to see them physically.
Finally, as I make the trek back home, I will be bringing home one of my best friends: a priest that flew 6,000 miles from Ghana, Africa to the United States of America, and he can’t wait coming back to see YOU at St. Thomas Aquinas and St. Columban.  Oh yeah, this would be Fr. Albert Wugaa, and let’s have a second collection for his service as he still serves God’s sons and daughters across the pond(s).
God Bless!      

No comments:

Post a Comment