Monday, May 13, 2019

Lamb (as a student advised me to preach about it!) and St. John of the Cross: "...little things do indeed become great...: 4th Sunday in Easter Season

Listen to the homily here.

Notes:

4thSunday in Easter Season
I asked our students different ways that I could give a homily
·      Answers: Jesus, the cross, a lamb and doves
o   What?  Where did you get that idea?
o   The banner!
·      Well, thank you as I will use that idea today for my homily!
John 10
·      My sheep hear my voice;
I know them, and they follow me.
I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish.
No one can take them out of my hand
.”
·      How do you hear our Shepherds voice?
o   Bible
o   Confession—forgiveness
o   Eucharist
Also, St. John of the Cross
·      "For little things do indeed become great; and from a small beginning there comes in the end a great matter, even as a spark suffices to set a mountain on fire and burn up the whole world" (St. John of the Cross).
·      St. John of the Cross’ essential was for two levels
o   Small sins that can grow into vices
§  Cut it off!
§  Get to confession to stay in our Shepherds hand
o   And, a small beginning with Jesus Christ will become great

Listen to God’s Word and when you do, you can enhance what to keep in virtue, and cut out what is vices in your life

No comments:

Post a Comment