Friday, April 12, 2019

Baptism (with our new Baptismal Font!) and Death: 5th Sunday in Lent

Listen to the homily here.

Notes:

I consider everything as a loss because of the supreme good of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord.  For his sake I have accepted the loss of all things and I consider them so much rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in him…”

St. Paul showed a depth and almost funny challenging: if you lose everything, is that stuff just rubbish?

Here is another thought that I have mentioned that God has the ace in the hole, and what is that? Death.

I bring this up for two reason this weekend, the fifth weekend of Lent
·     Jesus Christ who offered his life for us
·     And, how we connect between our baptism and our death

Baptismal Font
·     We hoped that we would receive that on the Baptism of Jesus Christ
·     But we can still remember the connection of Jesus’ baptism and His death under the water
o  That’s why I wanted to get a bigger baptism, so that children can be under the water!
·     That’s why we have the sacrament of baptism—a connection between our welcome into God’s Kingdom, and prepare the beginning of our journey to our #1 goal = heaven
o  For instance, funeral
§ Holy Water at the beginning of the Mass
Finally, Octave = eight days in Easter and Christmas…eight days of legs and corners in the font




No comments:

Post a Comment