Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Bulletin Article: "New School Year!": 9-2-18

Welcome back to school in this 2018-2019 school year!
I went to school for 23 years since I was a five-year-old kindergartener all the way until my ordination.  Now one of my favorite days of the year is the first day of school, because I am no longer an official student!  But alas, my school years are over, but my learning must always continue to grow.  
To all of you students, work hard and learn the best you can.  God has given us a brain and you must “exercise” your minds, just as you would for sports.
To you parents, thank you for your gift(s) of life.  I can’t imagine working 24/7/365, and your beauty, as well as challenges, is compelling for your call from God and yourselves.  I hope that each of our schools may work together to offer you the best opportunities for your children.  
To our teachers, administers, employees and volunteers at St. Thomas Aquinas School, the Falls, Littlefork, Indus and home schools, thank you for your presence, your talents, your dedication and your support to teach, guide and serve each child.
May we always keep your children to grow in their lives, keep them safe and always remember that Jesus Christ will evermore be with each of you.
Know of my prayers, as well as our parishioners, to enter into a beautiful year! Also, at the end of our Masses at St. Thomas Aquinas and St. Columban, I will be offering a special blessing for each of you.
I will conclude this article which one of my cross-country coaches said which is similar to a marathon school year: “Start well, pace well and finish well!”
God Bless!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment