Sunday, August 12, 2018

Parish Bulletin Article: "3rd Year Anniversary of my Stroke": 8-12-18

Praise God as this will be my third anniversary after my stroke.

On August 8th, 2015, I knew that something was eerie in my brain and I drove to the hospital.  At that point, I was scared for about 15-20 seconds.  The doctor came up to me with the CT scan, and I could see that there was some bleeding in my brain.  My fear was quickly on question to this doctor, “Am I going to die?”  He said, “You’ll be just fine.”  From that moment and beyond, fear was melted into prayer.

Three or four months later, I went back to the same ER to visit with a parishioner.  The same doctor came out of his office, saw me, and exclaimed, “You’re alive!  You are a miracle!” and hugged me.  I quickly answered him, “Wait a second…you told me that I was going to be fine!  You really thought that I was going to die?!” He smiled, and we both laughed.
    
Thank you, my brothers and sisters, for your prayer, support and service.  Thank you to our community members whom I might not even know who did the same.  Thank you to all of the doctors, nurses, therapists (physical, occupation, speech, counselor) as well as our larger family within our Diocese of Duluth and brothers and sisters around the world.  And thank you to my Mom, Dad, Andrew and Michelle, Mychal and Melissa and their kids.
    
God is the BEST, and it is a merely powerful and humble to continue to serve you at St. Thomas Aquinas, St. Columban and St. Thomas Aquinas School.
    
Know of my prayers for each of you, and know of my prayers in a particular way for you who are suffering physically, mentally or spiritually. 

As St. Paul wrote this (one of my favorite passage), I know its essential in each of our lives: "And to keep me from being too elated by the abundance of revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan, to harass me, to keep me from being too elated.  Three times I besought the Lord about this, that it should leave me; but he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' I will all the more gladly boast of my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.  For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities; for when I am weak, then I am strong" (2 Corinthians 12:7-10).
    
Let us continue to walk together with our Savior, and prepare ourselves to spend eternity in heaven with each other.
    
God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment