Wednesday, January 24, 2018

The prayer of Hannah: Tuesday, January 9th, 2018

Listen to the homily here.

Notes:

Here are some different ways to pray:
·      Hannah
o   “In her bitterness she prayed to the LORD, weeping copiously,
and she made a vow, promising: "O LORD of hosts,
if you look with pity on the misery of your handmaid,
if you remember me and do not forget me,
if you give your handmaid a male child,
I will give him to the LORD for as long as he lives;”
o   “…she remained long at prayer before the LORD.”
o   “…praying silently though her lips were moving…”
·      Eli thought she was drunk!
o   “I am an unhappy woman.
I have had neither wine nor liquor;
I was only pouring out my troubles to the LORD.”
o   “Deep sorrow and misery”
One experience how we can pray

·      When we’re sad, depressed, anxious: pray, pray, pray!

No comments:

Post a Comment