Monday, July 27, 2020

Independent Weekend vs. Chaos: 14th Sunday in Ordinary Time

Listen to the homily here.  

14th Sunday in Ordinary Time

Happy Independence Day!

Once again, what perfect readings from God and the connection between this weekend in the Liturgy as well as the weekend in our Country

And during this weekend, I’ll simply begin with Covid-19, and chaos as while we must learn, listen and discern how God has called us to do in our lives, we also need time to rest, celebrate, and worship, especially at MASS

Zechariah:
·      Rejoice heartily, O daughter Zion,
shout for joy, O daughter Jerusalem!
See, your king shall come to you;
a just savior is he,
meek, and riding on an ass,
on a colt, the foal of an ass
.”
·      His dominion shall be from sea to sea,
and from the River to the ends of the earth
.”
·      (Jesus would go into Jerusalem to offer his life for us…)

Gospel in Matthew 11: 
·      Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for yourselves. For my yoke is easy, and my burden light.”

Jesus Christ gives us love as he is love.  He has given us blessings, grace and mercy around the world.  And∑ He is THE person to show us all levels of our lives…to serve him well and take time for rest.  Both the above are like marathons, but even longer for our entire lives on earth.


No comments:

Post a Comment