Monday, June 10, 2019

Parish Bulletin Article: "Summertime and Four Goals": 6-2-19

Congratulations for each of you connected to our different Schools: St. Thomas Aquinas School, the Falls, Indus, Littlefork/Bigfalls and home schools. I am grateful for the students, parents, teachers, principals, administrators, secretaries, maintenance coordinators, cooks and volunteers.  What a great time to rest, relax and spend some time to regenerate each of your call from God.
When I was a Deacon, I served in summertime at St. Joseph’s in Grand Rapids under Fr. Jerry Weiss.  I remember two of his comments that I will never forget.  The first: “Ben, as you are here, don’t overwork yourself.  You will be a priest with a lot of work for the rest of your life!  Rest.” The second: “Ben, never stop reading.”
I hope that each of you can receive this advice as well. 
Now, I have a few goals in my mind for this season as the school year is kind of “off.”
First, I hope that we can have many more parishioners at daily Masses.  I would love and encourage all teachers that are Catholic.  Adding daily Masses will offer you more refreshment and peace as you will only grow closer to God.  I also want to support our Eucharistic Ministers who serve our parishioners who are not able to make it to Mass.  If you can make it to a daily Mass—or more—Mass would only support your mission. I would always encourage each of our employees, both at the Church and School for the same reasons above. Finally, continue to invite other brothers and sisters!  I bet we could easily have 50 students for our daily Masses, both on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday at 8:30am and Wednesday evening (and we will continue a conversation with you to discern the best time that would work for you).\
Second, I just mentioned about our Eucharistic Ministers above, and we need more volunteers to visit our friends and bring Jesus to them!  Please call Les and Marge Veeder or me, and we will have time to teach how to do this job.  And, I have mentioned this before, that we need to have a continual “list” of where our parishioners are located, who serves where, and continuously revise that list when people are home bounded, going into a hospital or nursing home, or have experienced illness and need help.  Many of these individuals have been pillars for our parishes, and we must attend their needs with Jesus.
Third, I have been speaking with several people how crucial it is in our community for daycare or nurseries.  At this point, we have two opportunities to offer places for these growing for our area: one in our school and another is confidential that I will convey this chance when I am able.
Finally, it would be a blast to see 70 students register for 2019-2020!  (Do you remember that in the summer of 2014 we only had 19 students registered when I arrived?).  So far we have in the mid-60s, and you can welcome more!  Our best “advertisement” for our school is from you: parents whose students are in our school now, alumni’s, our teachers and employees.  If you love this school, share your story and invite your loved ones and family members who are in our area.  We have not sunk!  Actually, we have made significant decisions each year to help our school flourish with happiness, faithfulness and a family sense.
Could I do this myself?  Of course not!  The more, the better and bring this to your prayers to succeed these goals as our family and friends to follow God’s will.
God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment