Saturday, December 16, 2017

Jesus heals: Monday, December 4th, 2017

Listen to the homily here.

Notes:

Powerful reading for all of us
·      And also through this Ritual: the Anointing of the Sick
Centurion approached Jesus
·      Centurion = Roman military officer in charge of 100 soldiers
·      Most important soldiers in the legion
·      He wasn’t Jewish!
Jesus said that he would meet his son and his response:
·      Lord, I am not worthy to have you enter under my roof;
only say the word and my servant will be healed.”
·      And what do we say with elevation of the Body and Blood of Jesus Christ at Mass?
o   “Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.”
Jesus concluded
·      "Amen, I say to you, in no one in Israel have I found such faith. 
I say to you, many will come from the east and the west,
and will recline with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob
at the banquet in the Kingdom of heaven."
Opening your hearts to our Savior!

No comments:

Post a Comment